Translate to your own language

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sleep. Do You Get Enough?

Sleeping is obviously a very important part of life, but do you get enough of it?

According to About.com sleep has many health benefits and is absolutely necessary to life.


"Sleep is important for concentration, memory formation and the repair of damage to your body’s cells during the day. Chronic lack of sleep increases the risk for developing obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and infections."

Sure, we all know sleep is important, but many sacrifice their sleep for different things on a regular basis. I know many people out there who sleep on average only 5 or 6 hours a night. I personally could never live off of so little amount of sleep, I have a hard time sacrificing for less than 7 or 8. Nine hours of sleep a night is what makes me happy. I know it's different for everyone, but 5 or 6 hours just doesn't seem like enough time to let your body recover from the day.

Sleeping is good for your heart and it can reduce stress. It can obviously make you more alert during the day, but sleep is also very important for people with active lifestyles. Exercise and sleep go hand in hand for athletes. Working out can make a huge difference in your sleep, in a good way. You will sleep better at night if you exercise regularly. Sleeping is part of the recovery process.

I do whatever I have to in order to get my 8 - 9 hours of sleep every night. I thoroughly enjoy sleeping.

Do you get enough sleep? What is your average amount?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share Free Automatic Backlink Review http://facemoz.blogspot.com on alexa.com